Keeping the underarms clean and free from unwanted hair is an important part of one’s hygiene. This is the main reason why people started to entertain different methods of underarm hair removal and whitening. Listed below are different ways to remove unwanted hair without darkening your armpits:
Waxing removes underarm hair by the roots, which is the main reason why it takes longer for the hair to grow back. Depending on your hormones and natural hair growth cycle, hair will start to show within one to three weeks.
Waxing can also make the underarms whiter and smoother. It exfoliates or removes dead cells from the skin that contribute to having dark underarms. Unlike shaving, it does not cause stubbles. Hair grows back softer and thinner, instead, which results in a smoother skin.
Waxing is also ideal if you are planning to have a vacation or during the summer. Note that these are the times when you will most likely wear clothes that expose your underarms. The good thing about waxing is that it is an affordable and quick process, which produces long-lasting effects.
However, it also has its downsides. For instance, after the procedure, you may notice little red bumps on your underarms, depending on your skin’s sensitivity. The good news is that this will only last for a few hours.
Another downside is that you need to have at least a quarter of an inch of underarm hair so that it will be easier to pluck. This will also guarantee that the hair will be removed from the roots. For others, waxing can be painful. Still, this is dependent on the person’s pain tolerance.
Some people who choose waxing as their ultimate hair removal solution for months experienced a later hair regrowth. They also testified that the pain seems to get more tolerable after undergoing several sessions.
2. Natural Solutions
You can also find natural solutions to removing unwanted hair in your underarms. These solutions use natural ingredients that are more affordable and can be found easily. These mainly include fruits and vegetables like lemons, potatoes, and cucumbers that can positively react to your skin when used as beauty products.
The good thing about using natural remedies for removing underarm hair is that you can choose your own ingredients. Some DIY natural hair removal solutions for the underarm include the following:
• Sugar mixed with honey and lemon juice. Sugar and honey are responsible for the sticky-like substance in a wax. The lemon acts as a bleaching agent, which lightens the area. Like waxing, use a strip of cloth or wax strips to pluck hair after scrubbing the substance to your armpits.
• Egg white mixed with corn flour and sugar. Apply it to underarms. Once it dries, peel it off. Do this on a weekly basis to remove the underarm hair.
Exfoliation is not a hair removal solution but a whitening and cleaning technique. It eliminates the dead cells from the skin that darken the underarms. Proper exfoliation will allow you to achieve soft, smooth, and whitened skin. You can choose to do the exfoliation process on your own, or with the help of professionals.
Follow the following steps:
• Use an exfoliating gloves or a loofah.
• Buy an exfoliation scrub, which contains granular substances.
• Use moisturizers to prevent skin from drying and having dead cells.
The aforementioned hair removal methods and whitening techniques are some of the best solutions to underarm problems.
You may also want to try shaving, applying hair removal creams, Intense Pulse Light (IPL), and laser technique, but note that these may not give you the results that you want. Here are some of the problems that you may encounter when choosing the mentioned procedures:
• Cuts only visible hair on the surface
• Hair regrowth may happen two to three days
• Can darken skin due to irritation
• Forms stubbles that make underarms itchy after the process
• Contains harsh chemicals
• Hair regrowth within three to five days
• May darken underarms, especially because it has the potential of burning your skin
In a nutshell, waxing, natural remedies, and exfoliation are cost-efficient solutions removing armpit hair without darkening the skin. Those methods promote whiter and smoother underarms. While they have minor flaws, note that you can also get a lot of benefits from them.