Laser hair removal is something that has solved the woes of people (especially women) with unwanted hair. It has allowed women and men alike to say goodbye to plucking, waxing, shaving, and other less ideal ways of removing hair where it is not needed. Laser technology has truly transformed the landscape of hair removal, and the best part about it is you can now do it from the comfort of your own home.
Yes, you heard that right. When laser technology was first introduced, you would have to book multiple sessions at a dermatologist’s clinic or hair removal center to get things done. These days, however, the same laser technology has been made available for people to use even at home.
The do-it-yourself home laser removal machines can save you thousands of dollars in treatments, but you have to remember that picking the right machine is key. You should also ensure that you read the instructions properly and go through the same precautions as you would before any professionally-done treatment.
Best Home Laser Hair Removal Machines
There are a good number of home laser hair removal machines available in the market today, so it’s important for you to know exactly what to look for and what factors to consider when shopping for the product that suits you best. It’s not enough to just pick the first laser hair removal machine that promises you the best results because you should look into several factors before making that decision.
When picking a laser hair removal machine, these are a few pointers that should affect your decision:
1. Be clear about your goal.
Laser hair removal devices work differently depending on what part of your body you need to use it for. The best at home laser for facial hair removal could be different from the best home laser hair removal for bikini area because the quality of hair you’ll find in these two areas are clearly very different.
2. Pick the product that suits you best.
The effectiveness of hair removal could also be dependent on factors like skin type and hair color. When going through your choices, you should also consider these factors. This means that you have to be very specific. For instance, instead of just looking for the generic ‘best home laser removal,’ you need to look be as specific as looking for the ‘best home laser hair removal for dark skin.’
3. Do your research and read the reviews.
It helps to do research especially when you’re making a purchase for something that you will be using at home. Thus, quality and safety should be a priority. Reading reviews and testimonials about how others have fared using the same product also helps. While doing your research, you should also know how much you’re willing to spend for the quality that you need.
And this is where the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X comes in. Out of all the laser hair removal devices in the market today, this is perhaps one of the best, if not the best option available. Let’s examine its main features and benefits:
• FDA-cleared – Perhaps the most important feature of the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4x is that it is an FDA-cleared hair removal laser that’s available for home use. The stamp of the FDA is critical here because safety is one of the top priorities especially for something that has been traditionally done in clinics. If you wish to do laser hair removal yourself, wouldn’t you want to do it with a device that has been cleared and approved by the FDA?
• Digital display for ease of use – The Tria Hair Removal Laser 4x was created with the user in mind, considering that you would want to do the hair removal at home. The device is very easy to use because it comes with a digital display and 5 comfort settings. The pulse counter also allows you to get the best possible results and guides you to use the product properly.
• Professional-strength laser hair removal technology – The technology in this tiny device targets the pigment in the hair in order to disable (permanently) the regrowth ability of your hair follicle. This means that from the comfort of your own home, you now have access to laser hair removal technology that’s good enough for the professionals, and more importantly, that’s effective enough for your purposes of hair reduction and removal.
• Better results in as few as 2 treatments – Normally, you would need to keep going back to the dermatologist or the hair removal clinic, pay a fortune, and wait for several sessions before you see the results that you want. This product gives you better results in half the time and a fraction of the cost. 9 out of 10 dermatologists prefer this product because it can deliver 70% of the hair reduction you want within 3 months.
• Head-to-toe use – With a Tria Hair Removal Laser 4x, you can easily achieve the smooth skin that you want from head to toe, even in those stubborn spots that have always given you problems.
Tria vs Iluminage
The Tria Hair Removal Laser 4x is clearly something that will help you achieve your laser hair removal goals at home, but it’s not the only one out there. The Tria is an amazing product in itself, but it’s also good to compare it with other similar products, such as the Iluminage Touch. Compared to the Tria, here are its main features:
• FDA-cleared – Similar to the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4x, the Iluminage Touch also boasts of FDA-cleared permanent hair removal technology that can be used if you want lasting results on all skin tones. This means that if safety is your main concern, as it should be, then Iluminage TOUCH Permanent Hair Reduction system is certainly something you can bank on as well.
• Elos technology – Iluminage TOUCH is powered by Elos technology combined with Intense Pulsed Light and Radio Frequency, and this has been clinically proven to work no matter what kind of hair color you have. The range of hair colors that can benefit from this technology is so wide, so whether you have dark hair, blond hair, or even red hair, you can still make use of this hair removal device. The technology delivers you the hair reduction results that you need as safely, as painlessly, and as quickly as possible.
• Seven treatments over a period of six weeks – To get the results that you want, you need to use the device on your targeted areas at least once a week, over the course of seven treatments in a period of six weeks. Depending on how your skin reacts, follow through treatments may be needed.
• Some restrictions – To be safe, you should not use the Iluminage TOUCH if you have a history of epilepsy, chronic migraines, or seizures that are induced by light. If you have a pacemaker or an insulin pump, it is not advisable to use this as well. Unlike Tria’s head-to-toe use, it is not advisable to use the Iluminage TOUCH on the ears, in the jaw, in the neckline, on the face, or other sensitive areas.
Tria vs Silk’n
BellaLite by Silk’n is another popular laser hair removal device that promises more or less the same function. It is also worth looking at its main features and benefits, especially in comparison to Tria.
• FDA-cleared – The BellaLite By Silk’n: Professional Hair Removal At Home is also FDA-cleared for home use, so you have nothing to worry about when it comes to safety. However, you have to take note that this is not designed just for everyone, and you need to read all of the safety precautions properly before using the device. The instruction manual, as well as a guide on how to plan for the best hair laser removal results, are also there for you to read, ideally before purchasing the item.
• Home Pulsed LightTM (HPL) technology – The technology used by BellaLite can effectively and safely give you the results that you need for the long-term. This HPL technology has actually been designed to give you all the clinical benefits that you can get from pulsed light, but that you can easily access at home. Clinical studies have been done on the technology, and it has shown results of 70% hair reduction 3 months after the latest treatment. These remarkable results are certainly worth getting excited over.
• Unique skin color sensor – The BellaLite base unit has a unique skin color sensor and includes 3 lamp cartridges that are disposable. 1 is pre-installed in the device while 2 are available as replacements. The lamp cartridges hold 750 pulses each, and the unit has the ability to notify you through a control panel when the cartridge is almost used up (beginning at 90% usage). This allows you to change cartridges easily, as needed.
The skin color sensor is also important because the BellaLite by Silk’n has been proven to be ideal when used with lighter skin town as well as hair color that ranges from brown to black. However, there are some usage limitations when it comes to darker skin complexions (black, Afro-Caribbean).
• Spot treatments – Using the BellaLite by Silk’n will also give you some of the largest spot size treatment in any home laser device, enabling you to spot-treat your leg in less than 30 minutes. However, the BellaLite has been designed more for body treatments so you can’t exactly do head-to-toe treatment, unlike Tria. It’s most effective on the legs, the underarms, the bikini line, the arms, and other areas of the body. For facial hair removal, it should only be used from the cheek line downwards, and not in other overly sensitive areas of the face.
Tria vs No no
Compared to Tria Hair Removal Laser 4x, No No is one of the newest home hair removal systems to hit the market. It’s fairly a new player in the world of hair removal, but it’s also slowly making waves, especially because it doesn’t use laser technology but uses another kind that people may not even have anticipated was possible before. It’s certainly worth comparing it to Tria and looking at its key features and main benefits:
• Thermicon technology – While Tria uses professional laser technology to keep hair from growing back, No No uses Thermicon, its patented heat technology. Basically, the thermal energy is the one responsible for breaking down the hair shaft, instead of the usual laser technology that’s responsible for zapping hair at the roots and keeping the follicles from growing back. In the simplest of terms, the thermal energy basically heats up the hair until it can no longer support itself and has no choice but to fall out.
• Ease and quickness of use – Both Tria and No No have been designed with home users in mind, which means they’re both pretty easy to use even if you’re just doing it at home and without the help of a professional. Reading and following the instruction manual will give you the results that you need, but you do have to follow important instructions like holding the device at a certain angle and paying attention to signals. But while the results are definitely guaranteed, the time that you get these results will vary from one product to the next.
To remove all the hair in a certain area, you may have to use the No No more than once. This means that it will take slightly longer for No No to effectively treat a certain area, in comparison to the Tria. Whether this is because of the technology used or simply because the No No is not really meant for permanent hair removal (more of hair reduction), users have to consider this before making the choice.
• Affordability – Compared to the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4x and other hair removal home systems that use laser technology, the No No is definitely a steal. It is much cheaper and you would only have to spend around $250 for it, so between the two, the No No definitely wins if cost is the only thing you look at. However, you have to remember that what you’re paying for with Tria is the laser technology and the permanent hair removal system that actually works, and works fast.